First 30 Days No Drinking
Topic: What happened when I stopped drinking for a month – 30 days no alcohol.
- What is it like during the first 30 days of sobriety?
- Almost died during detox, was just thankful to wake up and be sober
- There were a lot of things he had to do, but didn’t have the energy to really do much during that time
- What he wanted out of sobriety was to get through the negative consequences & be serene
- Experienced mood changes as during alcoholism all of his emotions were pushed down
- Your personality may change once you’re sober
- Had to take life and everything very slow
- Did have trouble sleeping, took some time to get better for both Marcus and Terry
- Thought that right out of rehab everything would be perfect/better and that was not the case
- “Don’t wish things are different, wish they were better.”
- First 30 days were a little mundane & anxiety was through the roof
- Nothing is about you – you just think it is
- “This happened to me” mentality
- You’re just one of 8 billion people in the world – look at this in a positive way
- In the first 30 days you have to learn to cope, have strength and find solutions to deal with difficult situations that don’t involve alcohol
- A lot of drinking is social pressure, especially on holidays
- Living near a place that has a lot of alcohol doesn’t mean you have to go
- You need to create a support group/culture that supports you being sober
- Sign up at TalkSober.com and you can be a part of more intimate meetings that go into more detail on sobriety topics on Friday’s.